1. For non E-U foreigners with valid residence visa in their passport
Only the non EU-foreigners need the residence permit to resides in the Spanish territory.
For a non EU-foreigner to legally enter the Spanish territory he/she must show a
valid passport and the corresponding visa. And if the he/she decides to remain in
the Spanish territory it is necessary he obtain an extension or a residence permit
After a period of time exceeding 90 days. Application for the Spanish Residency Permits
are made in person to the Foreigners' Office (Oficina de Extranjeros) or any National
Police Station with a foreigners' department nearest the town or city were the applicant
is already dwelling or going to live. You will be require to provide some documents
depending on the type of residence permit being applied for. (see type of residence
The following documents must be provided:
* A valid International Passport.
* Valid residence visa.
* Medical certificate (certificado medico), if applicant has not previously presented
it when he obtained his residence visa.
* Previous legal residence proof. like a rental contract or rent receipts.
* Proof that your health assistance is guaranteed during your residence in Spain.
* Police criminal character (certificate of criminal record) issued by the authorities
of the applicant's home country.
* There must be proof of financial income to survive during the period of stay in
Spain. like work salaries, personal savings, pensions etc.
* Marriage or divorce certificate or other documents relating to applicant's marital
status, and a Spanish translation will be required when applicants wants to apply
for reuniting of family.
* A valid International Passport
* A work contract signed by the worker and the management of the company with an
agreement of a work period not less than one year.
* A valid certificate of criminal record (Police report) issued by the authorities
of the applicant's home country.
*Medical certificate (certificado medico). From the hospital here in Spain to show
his metal and physical state of health.
The foreigner must have a valid proof of continued stay in Spain during a minimum
period of three years. Documents like school identity cards, your asylum certificate
(asilo),bus ticket e.gabono, hospital card or any medical documentation, certificate
of rent (certificado de incscripcion padronal) popularly known as Empadromiento can
all serve as valid proofs of continued stay in the country. The foreigner in these
period of years must posses a clean criminal record in Spain. If the foreigner meet
the above requirements, he/she will then have to provide the following documents
along with his/her proof to solicit for the Spanish Residence Permit.
2. For non E-U foreigners without a valid residence visa in their passport
Types of Spanish Residence Permit
1. Temporary residence permit: Holders of this type of residence permit are allows
to remain in Spain over a period of time ranging from 90 days to 5 years. And the
residence permit may be renewed after that limit depending on the status of the holder
at the point of re newer.
2. Permanent residency permit: This type of residence permit is available to foreigners
who have held a temporary residence permit for a continuous period of 5 years. It
is been renewed every 5 years.
3. Residency permit for special circumstances: This type of residence is applicable
to EU-foreigners whose asylum application had been denied and as a result the Spanish
Ministry of Interior now authorises them stay.
4. Residency permit for reuniting families: This allows the foreigner living in Spain
to solicit in respect of his immediate family for the Spanish residence permit. And
he or she must have been residing legally in Spain for at least one year and still
have an authorization to reside at least for another one year.
Residence Permits are renewable, so long as neither personal or economic situations
of the permit holder has changed at the time of re newer. Re newer is to be made
at least a month before the expiration of the residence permit.
As the law of Spain are subject to changes. It is greatly advice to at least still
consult a good lawyer to brief you on any changes in the law and how to go about
it, as that is what they are trained for. But the above information can serve as
a guide regarding what you need and the credentials you should have to apply for
the Spanish Residence Permit. Let it serve as a manual on how to get the Spanish
Hitting the Facebook like button below is enough way to encourage us. Thanks